The SHOTOH from Miyabi is a small, yet fine, unique cutting utensil. With a length of 13 cm, this extra thin and sturdy blade is ideal when you need to cut, peel or clean fruit or vegetables. The ultra-sharp Honbazuke honing on the symmetrically honed blade delivers extreme sharpness. This is enhanced by the typically Japanese blade profile, which has a symmetrical cutting edge with an angle of 10 degrees.
The core of the blade is made of MicroCarbide powder steel MC63, surrounded by 100 layers of two different kinds of stainless steel, creating the unique floral Damask pattern on the blade. It is this pattern that makes the knife into a unique work of art. The CRYODUR® blade has been ice-hardened in a specially developed process at -196 degrees Celsius to achieve a remarkable hardness of approx. 63 Rockwell, making the knife flexible and robust and ensuring it has excellent cutting edge retention.
The Masur birch handle in a soft light-brown colour provides an attractive contrast to the brightness of the steel. The graining and structure is unique on each knife, making it an eye-catching addition to every kitchen. The handle has a traditional D-shape and is beautifully balanced, providing excellent control when working. The SHOTOH from the MIYABI 5000MCD series is the perfect utensil for the finest cutting work.
- CRYODUR® ice-hardened blades provide particularly good cutting edge retention, corrosion resistance and optimum blade flexibility.
- Authentic Japanese blade profile
- The symmetrical blade with ultra-sharp Honbazuke edge ensures incredible sharpness.
- Traditional “D” handle made from Masur birch for perfect balance, optimum control and tireless cutting.
- Overall Length: 20.2 cm (7.95″)
- Blade Length: 9 cm (3.54″)
- Blade Thickness: 1.7 mm
- Sharpening Angle: 10 degrees
- Total Angle: 20 degrees
- Steel: MicroCarbide MC63 powder steel blade core; surrounded by 100 layers of steel to create the Damascus design
- Hardness: 63 HRC
- Handle Material: Masur birch
- Manufacture code: 34372-091
- Weight: 77 Grams (2.71 oz)
- Made in: Seki City, Japan
- SKU: 62500
We have more products in this range that we will be gradually adding to this website. If you are looking for a particular Miyabi knife and do not see it here, please send us an email to email@example.com.
Ware Bros Cutlery – The Knife Shop is an Authorised Australian Retailer of Miyabi knives.
For your information all Miyabi products purchased from Ware Bros Cutlery – The Knife Shop come with an Australian backed warranty (some conditions do apply).
Under Australian law no knife can be sold to persons under the age of 18 years. In making a purchase from this website you acknowledge that you are 18 years of age or older.