Benchmade 555-1 Mini Griptilian AXIS Lock Knife G-10
A Benchmade classic with G10 handles and premium steel.
The Griptilian was born of custom knifemaker Mel Pardue’s passion for functional designs. You release the creature’s ferocity with a thumb stud.
At the very heart of the Griptilian, is the exclusive AXIS locking mechanism. This modern marvel gives life to a cutting tool like you have never experienced before, especially in a lightweight folder. Rock-solid ambidextrous function is sure to tame the most die-hard of traditionalists. You can grab onto the lightweight, handle with its grip-textured surface and rib covered spine that grabs you right back for a “can’t let go” grip. This model comes with gray G10 handle scales, blue G10 accents, blue barrel spacers and a reversible deep carry pocket clip for right or left side carry. The blade steel on this model is CPM-20CV stainless steel. CPM-20CV is virtually identical in chemical composition to Benchmade’s M390 steel but is made in the USA by Niagara as opposed to Bohler which is based Austria. It offers better edge retention but is not quite as tough to resharpen as M390.
- Ambidextrous Thumb-Hole Opener
- Lightweight G10 Handle
- Sheepsfoot Blade Shape
- Multiple Configurations Available
- Country of Origin: USA
- AXIS A patented Benchmade exclusive, AXIS has been turning heads and winning fans ever since its introduction. A 100-percent ambidextrous design, AXIS gets its function from a small, hardened steel bar which rides forward and back in a slot machined into both steel liners. The bar extends to both sides of the knife, spanning the liners and positioned over the rear of the blade. It engages a ramped, tang portion of the knife blade when it is opened. Two omega style springs, one on each liner, give the locking bar it’s inertia to engage the knife tang, and as a result the tang is wedged solidly between a sizable stop pin and the AXIS bar itself.
- Blade Length: 7.4 cm (2.91″)
- Blade Thickness: 2.54 mm (0.10″)
- Handle Thickness: 12.95 mm (0.51″)
- Blade Material: 154CM stainless steel
- Blade Hardness: 58-60HRC
- Blade Style: Sheepfoot
- Weight: 57.58 grams (2.56 oz.)
- Lock Mechanism: Axis
- Overall Length: 17.22 cm (6.78″) Open
- Closed Length: 9.83 cm (3.87″)
- Benchmade Class: Blue
- Country of Origin: USA
For how to maintain the edge of your Benchmade knife see our video page.
We have more products in this range that we will be gradually adding to the website. If you are looking for a particular Benchmade knife and do not see it here, please send us an enquiry email to email@example.com.
Ware Bros Cutlery – The Knife Shop is an Authorised Australian Retailer of Benchmade Products.
For your information all Benchmade products purchased from Ware Bros Cutlery – The Knife Shop come with an Australian backed warranty (some conditions do apply).
Under Australian law no knife can be sold to persons under the age of 18 years. In making a purchase from this website you acknowledge that you are 18 years of age or older.