A heritage of tradtion and quality, Taylor's Eye Witness was founded in 1820 when John Taylor founded a small pocketknife & edge tools workshop in the very heart of Sheffield, the ancestral home of cutlery in Great Britain.
As was normal back then, makers would seek the use of a symbol by which their products would be recognised, even by those unable to read. In 1838 Taylor was granted the "Eye Witness" trademark for his goods, accompanied by an illustration of an all-seeing eye, hence the Eye Witness name that exists to this day.
The knives are still made in Sheffield to the same exacting standards. There is a lifetime guarantee on every knife that has not been misused.