The Messermeister Oliva Elité Knife collection boasts an exquisite natural Italian olive wood handle attached to a hammer forged blade. The highly figured, beautiful golden-brown handle provides a secure ergonomic grip with an unsurpassed balance. The Elite knife collection features a blade, bolster and tang that are one piece, hot drop hammer forged from a single billet of the finest German steel alloy. Oliva Elité knives are handcrafted one at a time, using the same technique that has been the hallmark of fine German cutlery for hundreds of years. Oliva Elité knives are of heirloom quality and simply one of the best original forged wood handle knives.
Made in Germany, each handle in the Oliva Elité range is unique and made from exquisite, Italian olive wood. No two handles are identical.
9cm (3.5″) Paring Knife
15cm (6″) Utility Knife
20cm (8″) Stealth Chef’s Knife
23cm (9″) Bread Knife
- The 1.4116 stainless carbon alloy blade resists stains and corrosion, exhibits toughness and durability, holds its edge retention, and is easy to resharpen to a razor-sharp edge.
- One-piece, hot drop hammer fully forged which produces the strongest blade from heel to tip. The blades are heat treated and cooled to achieve a Rockwell rating of 57-58 HRC.
- The blade is hand stropped on a cloth wheel
- The bolsterless heel on the knives simplifies cutting, sharpening and honing, enabling the whole blade to be usable from heel to tip.
- Cambered knife blade
- Ergonomic balance
- Italian Olive wood handle
- 100% Handcrafted in the historic cutlery capital of Solingen, Germany
Hand wash the blade with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
DO NOT place in a dishwasher.
Avoid cleaners that contain bleach or citrus extracts.
Oil the wood handle as needed with food safe mineral oil.